sexta-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2011

On beauty

Long time no see, huh?
Yes, indeed... I feel really bad for not updating for such a long time, but the truth is that I have been very, very busy (which is very good, in case you were wondering).
I can tell you that life is treating me very well and that I'm happier than ever! :D

I completed my master's degree and wrote a thesis on the impact of media and the images of women protrayed in the media plus the effects they have on our society and women. It's a very controversial theme that got me thinking about a lot of things related to beauty and health and also put me in the mood to resume my writing on this blog all over again.

Whether we admit it or not, most of us persue the idea of beauty in a myriad of ways. I'm coming clean: beauty is very important to me. Not only does it feel nice to look good, but, to be honest, a good presentation can get you very far. It's no use being incredibly smart if you look sloppy and like you don't care what you look like. When I say this I'm obviously thinking about job interviews. Looks and personality alone can get you very far if you don't have any or little experience. Many people are not going to like this, but it's true. I've seen how it works, I see it everyday.
Well, there's nothing wrong with trying to look our best, so I'm officially resuming this blogues original task: to give advice on all things beauty, music, lifestyle, etc.

Enjoy. :)

Sem comentários: